Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / Maha issues resolution to withdraw cases against bullock cart race organisers

Maha issues resolution to withdraw cases against bullock cart race organisers

The Supreme Court had in December last year allowed the resumption of bullock cart racing in Maharashtra, which had been prohibited in the state since 2017

Listen to this article :
Reprsentative image

Reprsentative image

The Maharashtra government has issued a resolution, giving in-principle approval to withdraw cases registered against people who organised bullock cart races when there was a ban on such events, an official said.

The Supreme Court had in December last year allowed the resumption of bullock cart racing in Maharashtra, which had been prohibited in the state since 2017. In a resolution dated April 13, the state government has said that the terms and conditions that there was no loss of life and the damage to private and public properties in such an incident was not more than Rs 5 lakh should be adhered to before withdrawing any case.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement