Updated On: 29 August, 2025 08:36 PM IST | Mumbai | Asif Rizvi
Sources said that after considerations, the Azad Maidan Police in south Mumbai has granted the permission to Jarange to continue his protest in Mumbai

Manoj Jarange launched his indefinite hunger strike on Friday morning at Azad Maidan in Mumbai. Pic/Ashish Raje
The Mumbai Police on Friday said that it received an official application seeking an extension of Manoj Jarange’s ongoing protest at Azad Maidan in city.
Jarange, the face of the Maratha quota movement, began his indefinite hunger strike on Friday morning, demanding reservations for the Maratha community. His protest has drawn thousands of supporters to Mumbai.
Police officials had earlier granted permission for the protest to be held only on August 29. However, with the large turnout and continued public support, Manoj Jarange’s team has now submitted a request to extend the demonstration.