Home / News / India News / Article / Farmers reject Centre's proposal to shift to Burari ground

Farmers reject Centre's proposal to shift to Burari ground

Listen to this article :
Farmers protest at Tikri Border in New Delhi. Pic/ Pallav Paliwal

Farmers protest at Tikri Border in New Delhi. Pic/ Pallav Paliwal

The farmers on Sunday rejected the proposal by the Centre to shift all agitation to Delhi's Burari ground and lift the blockade at the borders. The farmers said the offer of talks is conditional and they will not move to the Burari.

The farmers had been instructed to stay put wherever they were till further instructions from their leaders. Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) leader Rakesh Tikait said they have also decided to stay at Ghazipur. "We will not leave this spot. We will not move to Burari. The Centre should come forward and listen to the farmers," he added.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement