Home / News / World News / Article / 'Coronavirus quarantine hotel' collapses in China, trapping dozens

'Coronavirus quarantine hotel' collapses in China, trapping dozens

The official People's Daily said the hotel had opened in June 2018 with 80 rooms and was being used to quarantine people during the coronavirus outbreak

Listen to this article :
The wreckage of the Xinjia Express Hotel in Quanzhou

The wreckage of the Xinjia Express Hotel in Quanzhou

About 70 people were trapped on Saturday after a hotel being used for coronavirus quarantine collapsed in the Chinese city of Quanzhou in Fujian Province, the city's authority said on its website.

Video posted online showed rescue workers clambering over mounds of rubble. It was not clear how tall the building had been before it collapsed, but there appeared to be commercial properties at street level. The official People's Daily said the hotel had opened in June 2018 with 80 rooms and was being used to quarantine people during the coronavirus outbreak.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement