Updated On: 06 December, 2024 08:21 AM IST | Cape Canaveral | AP
Nelson said they would use the Orion capsule with its original heat shield but would make changes to the reentry path at flight's end

Representational Image. Pic Courtesy/iStock
NASA announced more delays Thursday in sending astronauts back to the moon more than 50 years after Apollo.
Administrator Bill Nelson said the next mission in the Artemis programme -- sending four astronauts around the moon and back " is now targeted for April 2026. It had been on the books for fall 2025, after slipping from this year.