Updated On: 12 February, 2023 08:49 AM IST | Jandaris | Agencies
Rescue authorities in Turkey are still working over time as the seventh-deadliest natural disaster this century, leaving 1.05 million homeless, enters fifth day with death toll exceeding 25,000

Turkish rescue workers carry Ergin Guzeloglan, 36, to an ambulance after they pulled him out from the rubble of a collapsed building, five days after the earthquake in Hatay, southern Turkey, on Saturday. Pic/AP
Rescuers in Turkey pulled two more women alive from the rubble of collapsed buildings, after they had been trapped for 122 hours, authorities said on Saturday. The death toll exceeded 25,000 across southern Turkey and northwest Syria, a day after Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said authorities should have reacted faster to Monday's huge earthquake.
Sixty-seven people had been clawed out from the rubble in the previous 24 hours, Vice President, Turkey, Fuat Oktay told reporters overnight, in efforts that drew in 31,000 rescuers across the affected region.