Home / News / World News / Article / Trump admin resumes some Ukraine arms shipments after Pentagon pause

Trump admin resumes some Ukraine arms shipments after Pentagon pause

He has sidestepped questions about who ordered the pause in exchanges with reporters this week

Listen to this article :
Donald Trump. Pic/AFP

Donald Trump. Pic/AFP

The Trump administration has resumed sending some weapons to Ukraine, a week after the Pentagon had directed that some deliveries be paused. The weapons now moving into Ukraine include 155 mm munitions and precision-guided rockets known as GMLRS, two US officials told The Associated Press on Wednesday. They spoke on condition of anonymity to provide details that had not been announced publicly.

It's unclear exactly when the weapons started moving. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth directed the pause last week, which affected a specific recent shipment of weapons to Ukraine, to allow the Pentagon to assess its weapons stockpiles, in a move that caught the White House by surprise. President Donald Trump announced Monday that the US would continue to deliver defensive weapons to Ukraine. He has sidestepped questions about who ordered the pause in exchanges with reporters this week.

'I would know if a decision is made. I will know,' Trump said Wednesday. 'I will be the first to know. In fact, most likely I'd give the order, but I haven't done that yet.' When asked a day earlier who ordered the pause, he said: 'I don't know. Why don't you tell me?' Trump has privately expressed frustration with Pentagon officials for announcing the pause, a move that he felt wasn't properly coordinated with the White House, according to three people familiar with the matter.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement