Home / Entertainment / Bollywood News / Article / Shekhar Kapur says not given creative rights for 'Mr India' remake

Shekhar Kapur says not given creative rights for 'Mr India' remake

Earlier on February 17, Zafar announced through a tweet that he will be bringing the iconic character of 'Mr India' to screens with a trilogy

Listen to this article :
Shekhar Kapur

Shekhar Kapur

Days after director Ali Abbas Zafar announced a remake of the Bollywood sci-fi film 'Mr India' through a trilogy, director of the original movie Shekhar Kapur on Saturday said that he was not given creative rights for the remake of the film. The director of the 1987 sci-fi flick, which featured Anil Kapoor as the lead actor, took to Twitter to express his concern about directors and their creative rights.

"We sit with writers from day one but are not the writer. Help actors hone performances but are not actors. Develop and create visual language of film. Slave hours over editing consoles. Directors lead and inspire every aspect of a film and have no creative rights?" Kapur tweeted.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement