Home / Entertainment / Hollywood News / Article / Alec Baldwin cancels other projects after 'Rust' shooting incident

Alec Baldwin cancels other projects after 'Rust' shooting incident

A source told People magazine that Baldwin is looking "to take some time to himself and re-centre himself," as he has during difficult times in the past

Listen to this article :
Alec Baldwin. Pic/AFP

Alec Baldwin. Pic/AFP

Actor Alec Baldwin is cancelling other projects following an accidental shooting on the set of his upcoming film 'Rust', which led to cinematographer Halyna Hutchins' demise and left director Joel Souza injured. A source told People magazine that Baldwin is looking "to take some time to himself and re-centre himself," as he has during difficult times in the past. "This was pretty devastating. This is how he handles difficult times. Whenever something bad happens, in the short term, he removes himself from [the] public eye," the source added.

The source confirmed to the outlet that Baldwin was "hysterical and absolutely inconsolable for hours" following the shooting. "Everyone knows this was an accident, but he's absolutely devastated," the source further said. On Thursday, authorities responded to an incident at the New Mexico set of 'Rust' following 911 calls indicating "an individual had been shot on set," the Santa Fe Sheriff's Department wrote in a press release obtained by People magazine.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement