Home / Mumbai / Mumbai Crime News / Article / Thane court acquits two men of murder, says prosecution failed to prove charges

Thane court acquits two men of murder, says prosecution failed to prove charges

In his order of June 19, a copy of which was made available on Friday, Additional Sessions Judge A N Sirsikar gave relief to Rahul Bharat Bhise (36) and Datta Bhujang Misal (39), who had been in judicial custody since their arrest soon after the crime

Listen to this article :
Representational Image

Representational Image

A court in Maharashtra's Thane district has acquitted two men in a 5-year-old murder case, holding that the prosecution could not prove any of the circumstances necessary for conviction based on circumstantial evidence, reported news agency PTI.

In his order of June 19, a copy of which was made available on Friday, Additional Sessions Judge A N Sirsikar gave relief to Rahul Bharat Bhise (36) and Datta Bhujang Misal (39), who had been in judicial custody since their arrest soon after the crime, reported PTI.

The body of one Sagar Das with injuries was recovered in the Kashimira area in Thane district on September 28, 2019. The prosecution relied on circumstantial evidence, arguing that Bhise and Misal were last seen with him as the three had liquor the previous night. The victim's bloodstained clothes were recovered from the house of Bhise, it said, reported PTI.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement