Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / 42 lakh fully vaccinated, don’t see 3rd wave coming, BMC tells Bombay HC

42 lakh fully vaccinated, don’t see 3rd wave coming, BMC tells Bombay HC

BMC also tells the HC hearing a petition on door-to-door vaccination for senior citizens and the bedridden, that 2,586 such people have received both doses of the vaccine and 3,942 have got the first dose

Listen to this article :
Daya Joshi, 79, got the first jab of the Covaxin vaccine in the door-to-door vaccination campaign by BMC and NGO Project Mumbai at Andheri in July. Pic/Satej Shinde

Daya Joshi, 79, got the first jab of the Covaxin vaccine in the door-to-door vaccination campaign by BMC and NGO Project Mumbai at Andheri in July. Pic/Satej Shinde

The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation told the Bombay High Court on Monday that it does not apprehend a third wave of the Covid-19 pandemic in the city, as the vaccination drive is going on smoothly, with over 42 lakh people fully vaccinated and over 82 lakh people having received the first dose. BMC counsel Anil Sakhare also told the HC that 2,586 bedridden people have so far been administered both the doses of the Covid-19 vaccine while 3,942 such people have got the first jab.

“The work is on. It is going on smoothly. Now, there is no shortage of vaccines too. Mumbai is safe. We do not see a third wave (of the Covid-19) coming,” Sakhare said. A division bench of Chief Justice Dipankar Datta and Justice G S Kulkarni was hearing a public interest litigation filed by advocates Dhruti Kapadia and Kunal Tiwari earlier this year, seeking a direction to both the Union and Maharashtra governments to start door-to-door vaccination for senior citizens aged 75 and above, specially-abled people and those who are bed-ridden.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement