Updated On: 29 September, 2024 07:30 AM IST | Mumbai | Faisal Tandel
Turned away from Badlapur and Ambarnath by residents, they will now search Dombivli, Thane

Akshay Shinde’s parents moved the High Court last week to request assistance in searching for a burial plot for him. Pic/Navneet Barhate
The police may have assured the Bombay High Court that they will soon find a burial sport for Badlapur school sexual assault case accused Akshay Shinde, but this is easier said than done. Wherever the authorities and the family went to search for a burial plot for Shinde, who was killed in an alleged police encounter on September 23, they were met with opposition from local residents.
They were turned away from the burial grounds in Badlapur, and faced resistance from residents in Ambarnath as well. The authorities now intend to expand their search to Dombivli and Thane as well. Sources close to the family said it’s possible the parents are insisting on burial so that they have the option of exhumation later if any questions arise during the ongoing investigation of Shinde’s killing.