Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / Didn't order closure of 'Kabutarkhanas', says Bombay HC

Didn't order closure of 'Kabutarkhanas', says Bombay HC

An expert panel can study if the old kabutarkhanas in Mumbai should continue, however, "human life is of paramount importance”, the court said, adding, "If something affects the larger health of senior citizens and kids, then it should be looked into. There has to be a balance"

Listen to this article :
The bench said that it was not an expert to decide over the issue. File pic/Atul Kamble

The bench said that it was not an expert to decide over the issue. File pic/Atul Kamble

The Bombay High Court (HC) on Thursday said it had not passed any order directing the closure of 'kabutarkhanas (pigeon-feeding spots)’ in the city, but only refrained from staying the closure order of the municipal corporation.

An expert panel can study if the old kabutarkhanas in Mumbai should continue, however, "human life is of paramount importance”, the court said, adding, "If something affects the larger health of senior citizens and kids, then it should be looked into. There has to be a balance.”

Earlier this week, sheets were placed covering the kabutarkhanas in the city, leading to protests from some Mumbaikars. Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis had then claimed that the kabutarkhanas were closed following the HC’s order.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement