Updated On: 22 April, 2020 07:10 AM IST | Mumbai | Arita Sarkar
Twenty-five quarantined patients briefly come out of isolation, crowd of 50 also gathers to witness the fire fighting operations

The 25 quarantined patients were later accommodated at YMCA in Nagpada. Pics/Bipin Kokate
Around 25 high-risk Coronavirus contacts who were quarantined at the Hotel Ripon Palace in Mumbai Central were evacuated after a fire broke out at around 6 pm on the hotel's first floor on Tuesday. While these 25 people were on the street, a crowd of around 50 also gathered near the hotel.
Fire officials suspected that a short circuit may have caused the fire, which was doused in less than an hour. The quarantined patients were shaken by the incident. A middle-aged woman said she had been living at the hotel for six days and no one from the BMC had come to check on her. "What would have happened if the fire had occurred at night? I have children at home and have been staying here for six days. But no one has come to enquire about our health," she said. Another quarantined person said that BMC was not giving sufficient food and he would have to stay hungry all night.