Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / Devendra Fadnavis: HC won't accept new affidavit in irrigation scam

Devendra Fadnavis: HC won't accept new affidavit in irrigation scam

Devendra Fadnavis has said that the new affidavit contradicts the ACB's own old affidavit and that it wasn't brought to his notice during his two-day CM tenure last month

Listen to this article :
Devendra Fadnavis

Devendra Fadnavis

Former Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has said that the findings of the revised affidavit with regard to the corruption allegations in the Vidarbha Irrigation Development Corporation (VIDC) projects submitted by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) to the Bombay High Court have contradicted the agency's earlier findings. The court would not accept the new affidavit, he claimed.

"I don't agree with the findings of this affidavit. How can it contradict its own affidavit filed in the same case earlier," Fadnavis told mid-day on Friday, adding that the revised affidavit hasn't given Pawar a clean chit because not even 50 per cent of the (project) tenders had been probed so far. The new affidavit wasn't brought to his notice in the short period that he served as a chief minister last month before resigning.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement