Updated On: 16 December, 2020 07:21 AM IST | Mumbai | Faizan Khan
The actor has been asked to appear at the agency's Ballard Estate office today

Arjun Rampal at the NCB office in Ballard Estate last month. File pic
Based on fresh evidence that surfaced during their ongoing investigation into the banned tablets that were recovered from actor Arjun Rampal last month, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) has summoned the actor once again to appear at their Ballard Estate office today.
The NCB confirmed to mid-day that the actor was summoned in connection with the raids conducted at his residence on November 10. During his seven-hour-long questioning session on November 13, Rampal had submitted a prescription for the banned tablets recovered from his house. The NCB officers were verifying the validity of the prescription. "We were trying to find out whether it was a back-dated prescription and the validity of the reason for prescribing the tablets," said an NCB officer.
The officer refused to divulge more details about the validity of the prescription but said, "During the probe some fresh evidence has surfaced and we want clarity from him," the officer added.