Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / Expect second lockdown in Maharashtra from April 2 or April 3: Sources

Expect second lockdown in Maharashtra from April 2 or April 3: Sources

Maharashtra chief minister asks administrators to prepare for shutdown and impose stricter restrictions in wake of rising COVID-19 cases in the state.

Listen to this article :
Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray. File pic

Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray. File pic

A second lockdown is expected to be imposed from April 2 or April 3 in Maharashtra for a limited period, sources in the state government said. According to the sources, the administration, after receiving orders on Sunday from CM Uddhav Thackeray, has started preparing for the restrictions. 

The shutdown is expected to be different from last year’s as it would not hamper economic activities like before, but essentially focus on preventing crowding for arresting the increasing transmission of the novel coronavirus, said sources.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement