Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / 'Vasai's Breath Care Hospital killed my son!', says Father

'Vasai's Breath Care Hospital killed my son!', says Father

Father demands cancelling of hospital’s licence after 27-year-old son who, he alleges, died after he was treated by two Ayurveda doctors, while MBBS doctor stayed away; police case filed; civic body finally steps in to investigate

Listen to this article :
The father Lalman Gupta holds a portrait of his deceased son Rupesh Gupta. Pic/Hanif Patel

The father Lalman Gupta holds a portrait of his deceased son Rupesh Gupta. Pic/Hanif Patel

A 52-year-old man has been relentlessly pursuing justice for the past 14 months following the death of his 27-year-old son, allegedly due to medical negligence at a private hospital in Vasai. While the police have registered an FIR, the accused doctor has managed to get bail. And, despite the father’s repeated efforts, the local civic authorities have not taken any action against the hospital, merely barring new patient admissions for now.
 
Sharing his ordeal with mid-day, Lalman Gupta said his son, Rupesh Gupta, a software engineer, experienced respiratory issues on March 18 last year and was admitted to Breath Care Hospital in Vasai West.

Breath Care Hospital in Vasai West
Breath Care Hospital in Vasai West

“My son was admitted to the ICU at Breath Care Hospital around 11.30 pm on March 18, 2024. However, the pulmonologist, Dr Dharmendra Dubey, neither visited the hospital nor attended to my son, yet a consulting fee of Rs 2500 was charged for his visit,” Gupta said.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement