Updated On: 16 June, 2025 02:34 PM IST | Palghar | mid-day online correspondent
Four people died, and 51 were injured when a 32-year-old iron pedestrian bridge over the Indrayani River in Maval tehsil collapsed on Sunday afternoon due to overcrowding by tourists

CM Fadnavis said that the contract for a new bridge at the site in Maval tehsil had been awarded, and work has begun. File Pic
Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Monday said that the iron pedestrian bridge on the Indrayani river in Pune that collapsed, killing four persons, had been declared dangerous by the district collector, and warning boards had been put up at the site, reported the PTI.
Talking to reporters at an event in Palghar, CM Fadnavis said that the contract for a new bridge at the site in Maval tehsil had been awarded, and work has begun.
Four people died, and 51 were injured when a 32-year-old iron pedestrian bridge over the Indrayani River in Maval tehsil collapsed on Sunday afternoon due to overcrowding by tourists.