Updated On: 11 December, 2021 07:26 AM IST | Mumbai | Dharmendra Jore
Transport Minister Anil Parab gives suspended MSRTC staffers time till Monday to resume duty; says workers being misled

MSRTC workers continue strike at Azad Maidan on Friday. Pic/Suresh Karkera
Suspended for striking, MSRTC employees have been given time till Monday to resume duty and get the disciplinary action revoked. Others, who are agitating for over a month but not suspended yet, have also been urged to go to work to avoid further action.
Transport Minister Anil Parab said the MSRTC’s divisional controllers across the state have told him about the willingness of suspended employees to join work at their respective depots. “The employees who have been suspended and others have told the controllers that they are being forced to stay home or take part in the agitation. The government wants the workers to be given a second chance so that they don’t suffer for a long time because of ill advisors, and take extreme steps like committing suicide. We appeal to them to join the office by Monday, and report the people who stop them from going to work,” said Parab on Friday. He added that so far around 20,000 state transport workers have resumed duty.