Updated On: 14 May, 2020 08:43 PM IST | Mumbai | Rajendra B Aklekar
They call them for duty, do not provide proper equipment and protection and make them work in dangerous conditions, alleged Shashank Rao

This picture has been used for representational purpose only
Essential services may collapse from Monday if the call given by BEST Undertaking's biggest trade union for a complete lockdown of its services comes into effect. With the rising number of coronavirus positive cases, seven deaths so far and "unresponsive management", Shashank Sharad Rao-led BEST Sanyukta Kamgar Kruti Samiti (BSKKS) on Thursday said enough was enough asking its employees to follow a complete lockdown from Monday.
"We will follow the chief minister's appeal and stay at home safely. The number of cases are rising and soon touch hundred. There have been seven deaths and the administration remains callous. The BEST Undertaking has been arm-twisting employees. They call them for duty, do not provide proper equipment and protection and make them work in dangerous conditions. Recently, notices were sent to employees who did not resume work. All this is unfair. Hence we have decided to call for a lockdown," Rao told mid-day.