Updated On: 24 May, 2022 08:05 AM IST | Mumbai | Agencies
The service with 11 stops and covering 19 spots between 9 am and 8 pm was launched by Tourism Minister Aaditya Thackeray and was touted as an important commuting initiative for tourists in the metropolis

Representative Image
The ‘hop on hop off’ (HoHo) buses launched in Mumbai in December for tourists has had a ridership of just 2,159 so far, an official of the civic-run Brihanmumbai Electric Supply and Transport undertaking, which operates the service, said on Monday.
The service with 11 stops and covering 19 spots between 9 am and 8 pm was launched by Tourism Minister Aaditya Thackeray and was touted as an important commuting initiative for tourists in the metropolis. “Of the 2,159 passengers who travelled in HoHo buses till April 26, the highest, 1,187, or over 50 per cent, did so in March, while it was a low of 72 in January. The ridership figure for last month stood at 468,” the official said.