Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / Mumbai: Chembur man says face in the video is his dad’s, writes to cops

Mumbai: Chembur man says face in the video is his dad’s, writes to cops

Bijay Gupta says last year Bandras Bhabha hospital had said his dad had died and had told the family to come for cremation, but had refused to let them see his face citing COVID protocol

Listen to this article :
Bijay Gupta’s father, Ramsharan. Pic/Rajesh Gupta (right) A screenshot of the video tweeted by BJP spokesperson Suresh Nakhua

Bijay Gupta’s father, Ramsharan. Pic/Rajesh Gupta (right) A screenshot of the video tweeted by BJP spokesperson Suresh Nakhua

A day after Mumbai police booked a BJP spokesperson for fear-mongering through a video showing an alive man being taken to the crematorium, a family from Chembur came forward saying the man in the video is their father. Bijay Gupta has written to Bandra police claiming that BMC hospital authorities said his father died in June 2020 but never showed the body’s face.

BJP spokesperson Suresh Nakhua had tweeted a video on April 20 wherein a purportedly dead body covered in a plastic sheet was lying in an ambulance. The video claimed that the person was in fact alive and being taken to the crematorium. Nakhua claimed that the video is from Mumbai. BMC approached Nakhua to know more about the video but he didn’t have any. Bhoiwada cops then booked Nakhua and arrested him. He was released on bail.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement