Updated On: 02 June, 2025 07:37 AM IST | Mumbai | Agencies
A case was registered against Ranjeet Kasle for publishing or circulating false information, defamation, and criminal actions intended to insult

Ranjeet Kasle had earlier levelled allegations against former state cabinet minister Dhananjay Munde and his close aide Karad. Kasle had claimed that he was given a “contract” to eliminate Karad, a key accused in the Beed sarpanch murder, in an encounter. File pic
Dismissed police sub-inspector Ranjeet Kasle, who had earlier claimed that he was offered a contract to eliminate Walmik Karad, the key accused in the Beed sarpanch Santosh Deshmukh murder case, has been arrested from Delhi, an official said on Sunday.
The Mumbai police Crime Branch took Kasle into custody from the national capital on Friday for allegedly spreading communal hatred, defaming public officials and sharing objectionable content on social media. Kasle, who was posted in Beed district before his dismissal, was produced in a court, which remanded him in police custody till June 2 (Monday), the official said.
A case was registered against Kasle for publishing or circulating false information, defamation, and criminal actions intended to insult the modesty of a woman under the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS), besides the IT Act, based on a complaint by a social activist from Bhandup last month.