Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / Only 35 pc drains cleaned so far, alleges BJP; Thackeray Jr says most work done

Only 35 pc drains cleaned so far, alleges BJP; Thackeray Jr says most work done

Amid mid-day’s ongoing coverage of progress in nullah cleaning, Thackeray Jr claims most work done; BJP says you will be responsible as poll heat rises

Listen to this article :
BJP says Poisar nullah, Kandivli West, hasn’t been cleaned as on Thursday

BJP says Poisar nullah, Kandivli West, hasn’t been cleaned as on Thursday

With monsoon just around the corner in an election year, the blame game has begun over the desilting of nullahs. While Suburban Guardian Minister Aaditya Thackeray said 78 per cent of the desilting work across the city and suburbs is complete, BJP claimed only 35 per cent of the drains are clean. A delegation of the BJP met the civic chief on Thursday and presented photos of nullahs that are still clogged.

Thackeray held a review meeting of the BMC's pre-monsoon work at the head office on Thursday, where civic chief Iqbal Singh Chahal was present. Interacting with media persons after the meeting, he said, “Desilting work in residential areas cannot be done at nights, as it may cause a nuisance to the locals. But the BMC is working on desilting the nullahs.”

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement