Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / Over 50 per cent edible oils seized in raids at Mumbai, Thane non-certified

Over 50 per cent edible oils seized in raids at Mumbai, Thane non-certified

Edible oils, including mustard, peanut, sunflower and palmolein, worth Rs 4.98 crore were seized. Later, 93 samples were sent for testing, out of which 49 (or 52.6 per cent) were found to be non-certified, the FDA release said

Listen to this article :
Photo for representational purpose

Photo for representational purpose

More than 50 per cent of edible oils seized by the Food and Drug Administration in Thane and Mumbai during raids last month have been found to be non-certified, the FDA has said.

Raids were conducted on eight establishments of retail and wholesale merchants in Thane and neighbouring Mumbai on January 16, the FDA said in a release issued on Monday.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement