Home / Mumbai / Mumbai News / Article / Sion accident: 19-year-old victim with severe burns succumbs, toll rises to 3

Sion accident: 19-year-old victim with severe burns succumbs, toll rises to 3

In the early hours of Sept 11, five friends had set out from New Mandala, Anushakati Nagar to enjoy drinks following a cricket match between India vs Pakistan

Listen to this article :
Harsh Kadam. File Pic

Harsh Kadam. File Pic

Harsh Kadam, a 19-year-old who suffered severe burns in Sion accident, tragically succumbed to his injuries in the early hours of Thursday. Harsh had been admitted to Sion Hospital in Mumbai after sustaining burns covering 70 percent of his body. With his passing, the fatality count in the incident has now risen to three, an official said on Thursday.

In the early hours of September 11, five friends had set out from New Mandala, Anushakati Nagar, at 11:30 pm to enjoy drinks following a cricket match between India and Pakistan that had been abandoned due to rain. They visited a bar in Ghatkopar, had drinks, and then decided to head to Marine Drive. While descending from the Sion flyover, the driver, Kunal Attar, lost control of the vehicle, resulting in a collision with the divider, official sources said.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement