Home / News / India News / Article / Uttarakhand disaster: 3 more bodies found, total reaches 61

Uttarakhand disaster: 3 more bodies found, total reaches 61

Due to the presence of water and sludge inside the tunnel, the excavation work is being hampered. However, DGP Ashok Kumar said the rescue operation would continue till the last man or body is found inside the tunnel.

Listen to this article :
Workers wade through accumalated water during rescue operations inside the Tapovan Tunnel in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. Pic/PTI

Workers wade through accumalated water during rescue operations inside the Tapovan Tunnel in Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. Pic/PTI

Using dog squads, binoculars, rafts and other equipment, rescuers found three more bodies on Thursday as they continued their search operation for missing persons in the disaster-hit areas of Uttarakhand's Chamoli.

A total of 61 bodies have been recovered so far with two recovered from inside a tunnel of the Tapovan project and other in the Reni area, officials said.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement