Updated On: 25 July, 2018 05:28 PM IST | Hyderabad | PTI
The police visited Baig's residence and found documents such as passport and ID cards missing, Sujat claimed. He further said that Baig had been getting threats from extortionists

Representational Picture
A 26-year-old man, hailing from Telangana, went missing from New Jersey in the US, his family claimed and sought the help of central and state governments in the matter. Mirza Ahmed Ali Baig had left for the US in 2015 to pursue higher studies and had since been a part-time worker in a store in New Jersey, his brother Mirza Sujat claimed. He alleged that some extortionists who were threatening Baig might be behind his disappearance. Sujat claimed that Baig had last spoken to his mother on Friday.
"Baig spoke to our mother and told her he was facing trouble from some people and asked me to call back," he said.