Updated On: 29 April, 2022 12:51 PM IST | New Delhi | PTI
The Directorate of Estates said it has asked artistes, who have not moved out of the government accommodation yet, to vacate by May 2, failing which eviction proceedings would resume. It said there were 27 such allotments, out of which 15 artistes had already vacated

Guru Mayadhar Raut. Pic/Official Website
Amid criticism over eviction proceedings against eminent artistes, the Centre said they had been given government accommodation for three years subject to certain conditions, including a review after the time period.
The Directorate of Estates said it has asked artistes, who have not moved out of the government accommodation yet, to vacate by May 2, failing which eviction proceedings would resume. It said there were 27 such allotments, out of which 15 artistes had already vacated.