Updated On: 03 November, 2024 08:33 PM IST | Brisbane | mid-day online correspondent
His comment comes days after the troops of India and China completed disengagement at two friction points at Demchok and Depsang Plains in eastern Ladakh. On October 21, the Foreign Secretary had said that an agreement had been finalised between the two countries following negotiations over the past several weeks

External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar addresses the Indian community in Brisbane on Sunday. Pic/X
India and China have made "some progress" in disengagement, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar stated on Sunday, describing it as a "welcome" move that opens up the possibility for further developments. His comments follow the recent completion of disengagement at two friction points, Demchok and Depsang Plains, in eastern Ladakh. The Indian Army has commenced verification patrols at Depsang, while patrolling at Demchok began on Friday, reported news agency PTI.
"In terms of India and China, yes, we have made some progress. You know, our relations were very, very disturbed for reasons all of you know. We have made some progress in what we call disengagement, which is when troops were very close to each other, with the possibility that could lead to some untoward incident," Jaishankar said during an interaction with the Indian diaspora.