Updated On: 10 October, 2021 10:27 AM IST | Gandhinagar | IANS
Gujarat Minister of State for Home, Harsh Sanghavi, had earlier in the day said that the police have sent requests to other states regarding the child, who was abandoned on Friday evening

Photo used for representational purpose. Pic/iStock
A man who had abandoned an 8/9-month-old boy child here on Friday evening, following which the police swung into action to collect the infant's whereabouts, has been finally traced to Kota in Rajasthan, officials said on Saturday. Gujarat Minister of State for Home, Harsh Sanghavi, had earlier in the day said that the police have sent requests to other states regarding the child, who was abandoned on Friday evening.
The man has been identified as Sachin Kumar Nandkishor Dixit, a resident of Sector 26 in Gandhinagar. The details were gathered by the police through the registration number of the car from which a man was seen coming out -- in the CCTV footage -- and dumping a child.