Updated On: 24 May, 2021 12:00 AM IST | New Delhi | PTI
'If we see the data of the first and second waves, it is very similar and it shows that children are usually protected and even if they get it, they only have mild infection. And the virus hasn't changed so there is no indication that children will be more affected in the third wave,' he said.

Photo for representational purpose
The central government on Monday said there is no indication that children will be severely or more affected in the third wave of Covid-19.
Responding to a question on the possible impact of a third wave on children, AIIMS Director Randeep Guleria at a press conference said there is so far no evidence that there will be severe infection in children or there will be more cases in them in the upcoming wave of Covid-19.