Updated On: 01 June, 2022 12:40 PM IST | New Delhi | PTI
At the outset, Bishnoi's counsel submitted before Justice Swarana Kanta Sharma that he wishes to withdraw the petition and wants to file it before the Punjab and Haryana High Court

Sidhu Moose Wala. Pic/Official Instagram account
Jailed gangster Lawrence Bishnoi, who is suspected to be involved in Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala's killing, on Wednesday withdrew from the Delhi High Court his plea in which he had sought necessary safeguards as he apprehended a "fake encounter" by the Punjab Police.
At the outset, his counsel submitted before Justice Swarana Kanta Sharma that he wishes to withdraw the petition and wants to file it before the Punjab and Haryana High Court. The court said, "the petition is dismissed as withdrawn". Delhi Government Standing Counsel (criminal) Sanjay Lau said the petition was not maintainable in Delhi. The plea, in the Delhi High Court, had sought direction to the Tihar Jail authority and the Delhi Police to ensure that necessary safeguards, including videography, are taken for his safety before giving his custody to any other state police, including the Punjab Police. Bishnoi had earlier approached a district court here which refused to entertain his plea.