Updated On: 16 October, 2021 09:08 PM IST | Sonipat/Amritsar | PTI
The second accused, however, claimed that he had informed the police that he was surrendering. Talking to the media before his arrest, Narain Singh was unrepentant and said that Lakhbir Singh (victim) had been 'punished for sacrilege'

This picture has been used for representational purpose. Pic/PTI
A second member of the Sikhs' Nihang order was arrested in connection with the lynching of a man at the farmers' protest site at Singhu border, even as the victim's family questioned the attackers' claim that he had committed sacrilege and demanded a high-level probe into the episode.
Sarabjit Singh, arrested on October 15 for the brutal killing of Lakhbir Singh, was produced before a Sonepat court in Haryana and remanded in police custody for seven days. Hours later, Narain Singh was also arrested by the Amritsar Rural police at Amarkot village near Jandiala Guru in Amritsar district, police said.