Home / News / India News / Article / Tribunal for cases of armed forces gets on with shooting practice

Tribunal for cases of armed forces gets on with shooting practice

The Armed Forces Tribunal takes up its first case; declines to stay the proceedings of an Army Promotion Board for senior officers on the plea of a major general

Listen to this article :

The Armed Forces Tribunal takes up its first case; declines to stay the proceedings of an Army Promotion Board for senior officers on the plea of a major general

The Indian soldiers will now get justice delivered their own way fast and pointed.

The Armed Forces Tribunal (AFT), a special tribunal to clear 10,000 cases related to the three Services that are pending in various High Courts across the country, took up its first case in which it declined to stay the proceedings of an Army Promotion Board for senior officers on the plea of a Major General.

Filing a writ petition before the Tribunal on Tuesday, Major General S P Sinha had sought to either stay the proceedings of the Special Selection Board for promotion of officers from Maj Gen to Lieutenant Gen or exclude his Annual Confidential Report (ACR) from being reviewed by the Board till the time discrepancies in it were cleared by the Army.

In his two complaints filed earlier in the Delhi High Court, Maj Gen Sinha had stated there were discrepancies in the gradings given to him in his present and previous ACRs. "Maj Gen Sinha said the Army should be asked to reserve a vacancy in the rank of Lt Gen till the time his complaint of discrepancy in ACR was sorted out by the Army, which was opposed by us," Army's Counsel Jyoti Singh said.

Representative photo

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement