Updated On: 09 October, 2018 12:00 AM IST | | IANS
However, Saudi Arabia denied the murder allegation as "baseless"

Protestors hold pictures of missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi during a demonstration in front of the Saudi Arabian consulate on October 8, 2018 in Istanbul. - Jamal Khashoggi, a veteran Saudi journalist who has been critical towards the Saudi government
Turkey said on Tuesday that it will conduct a search of the Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul in line with an ongoing probe on the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi. The Turkish Foreign Ministry said that the search will be implemented in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations and under the official permission of the Saudi diplomatic mission chief, the BBC reported.
The ministry said that the Saudi authorities were "open for cooperation" and a requested search of the building could go ahead as part of the investigation. Khashoggi, 59, journalist and columnist of the Washington Post, was last seen entering the consulate last week. Turkish officials claim that Khashoggi was murdered on the premises and his body was then removed.