Home / News / India News / Article / Uttarakhand: 34 dead, 5 missing, CM announces compensation for affected families

Uttarakhand: 34 dead, 5 missing, CM announces compensation for affected families

Nainital was cut off from the rest of the state with three roads leading to the popular tourist spot blocked due to a series of landslides

Listen to this article :
An under construction bridge is seen collapsed on a river along a national highway between Pithoragarh-Champawat, in Chalthi, Uttarakhand. Pic/AFP

An under construction bridge is seen collapsed on a river along a national highway between Pithoragarh-Champawat, in Chalthi, Uttarakhand. Pic/AFP

Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami on Tuesday said that 34 people have lost their lives so far and five still missing due to incessant rain in the state.

Dhami visited the Disaster Management Control room. While Speaking to ANI, Dhami said, "So far 34 deaths, 5 missing in Uttarakhand due to heavy rains." "Those who lost their houses will be given Rs 1,09,000, Rs 4 lakh compensation to the families of the deceased, possible help to be extended to those who lost their livestock," he said.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement