Home / News / World News / Article / 30,000 civilians evacuate Syria's Eastern Ghouta: Report

30,000 civilians evacuate Syria's Eastern Ghouta: Report

Earlier on Saturday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) said that 50,000 civilians have evacuated Eastern Ghouta over the past 72 hours

Listen to this article :

A Syrian girl uses a walker as she evacuates with other civilians from the town of Jisreen in the southern Eastern Ghouta, on the eastern outskirts of the capital Damascus, on the way to areas under government control on March 17, 2018. / AFP
A Syrian girl uses a walker as she evacuates with other civilians from the town of Jisreen in the southern Eastern Ghouta, on the eastern outskirts of the capital Damascus, on the way to areas under government control on March 17, 2018. Pic/ AFP

Some 30,000 civilians have evacuated Syria's rebel-held Eastern Ghouta area on the outskirts of capital Damascus, according to a local media report. The SANA news report said mass evacuation took place on Saturday night through two crossings, one in Hamouriyeh and the other near the Water Resources facility in Harasta. The evacuation is ongoing and is the latest in a series of mass evacuations that began in Eastern Ghouta on Thursday, Xinhua news agency reported.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement