Home / News / World News / Article / Haiti raises earthquake death toll, passes 2,200

Haiti raises earthquake death toll, passes 2,200

At least 12,268 people were injured and nearly 53,000 houses were destroyed by the August 14 quake

Listen to this article :
People search through the rubble of the Manguier Hotel after the earthquake on August 14, in Les Cayes. Pic/AFP

People search through the rubble of the Manguier Hotel after the earthquake on August 14, in Les Cayes. Pic/AFP

Haiti's Civil Protection Agency said Sunday that the toll from this month's magnitude 7.2 earthquake has grown to 2,207, with 344 people still missing.

The previous figure had been 2,189 on Wednesday. The agency said via Twitter that 12,268 people were injured and nearly 53,000 houses were destroyed by the August 14 quake.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement