Updated On: 21 October, 2024 08:33 AM IST | Tel Aviv | ANI
The death toll is expected to rise as rescue efforts continue, Gaza's Government Media Office said

People inspect the damage after an Israeli strike on the Mount Lebanon village of Maaysra. Pics/AFP
Israel has launched a fresh wave of missile attacks on Bierut's southern region after Israel Defence Force warned a group accused of financing Hezbollah, Times of Israel reported. Earlier on Sunday, Israel had launched a strike on Beit Lahiya in north Gaza that has killed as many as 73 people, while many more are feared trapped under rubble, Al Jazeera reported Gaza authorities.
The death toll is expected to rise as rescue efforts continue, Gaza's Government Media Office said. The situation in northern Gaza remains dire due to a 16-day Israeli military siege that has severed access to essential services like food, water, and medicine in the north of the Gaza Strip. However, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) expressed doubts over Hamas' claim of 73 deaths in the recent strikes in north Gaza, labelling the figure "exaggerated," the Times of Israel reported.