Updated On: 02 February, 2021 09:26 AM IST | Canberra | Agencies
A Google executive told a Senate hearing last month that it would likely make its search engine unavailable in Australia if the government goes ahead with a draft law to make tech giants pay for news content.

Microsoft Corp.’s Bing search engine page. Pic/AP
Australia’s prime minister said on Monday that Microsoft is confident it can fill the void if Google carries out its threat to remove its search engine from Australia.
A Google executive told a Senate hearing last month that it would likely make its search engine unavailable in Australia if the government goes ahead with a draft law to make tech giants pay for news content.