Home / News / World News / Article / Myanmar protest deaths cross 300 since military takeover

Myanmar protest deaths cross 300 since military takeover

It said 11 people were killed on Thursday, when it also managed to verify 23 deaths that occurred previously. The group also said that as of Thursday, 2,981 people had been arrested, charged or sentenced in the crackdown since the February 1 coup that ousted the elected government of Aung San Suu Kyi. 

Listen to this article :
Two men on a motorbike alert people and anti-coup protesters as armed security forces arrive to crack down on a demonstration in Mandalay, Myanmar. Pic/AP/PTI

Two men on a motorbike alert people and anti-coup protesters as armed security forces arrive to crack down on a demonstration in Mandalay, Myanmar. Pic/AP/PTI

The death toll for protesters confirmed killed in Myanmar since last month’s military takeover has surpassed 300, a group that verifies details of deaths and arrests announced on Friday.

Myanmar’s Assistance Association for Political Prisoners said its tally of 320 dead includes only documented cases, with the actual number of casualties “likely much higher.” It said 11 people were killed on Thursday, when it also managed to verify 23 deaths that occurred previously. The group also said that as of Thursday, 2,981 people had been arrested, charged or sentenced in the crackdown since the February 1 coup that ousted the elected government of Aung San Suu Kyi. 

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement