Updated On: 16 February, 2020 07:36 AM IST | London | Agencies
They had initially hoped for a dual role, supporting the Queen, the Commonwealth and Harry's military associations, but the idea was deemed unworkable. Buckingham Palace has said the Sussexes' new life away from royal duties will begin this spring

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
London: The UK's Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle were reportedly sacking all of their 15 staff members in the country and also closing their Buckingham Palace office as part of the couple's transition away from royal life, it was revealed on Friday. According to a Daily Mail report, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex broke the news to the staff members in person last month following the announcement that they were stepping down as senior working royals. While one or two may be absorbed back into the royal household, most were now negotiating redundancy packages, the report added.
However, the Buckingham Palace on Thursday night said it did not comment on staffing matters but according to the report, it was understood senior royals, including the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William were aware of the office closure and redundancies. "Given their decision to step back, an office at Buckingham Palace is no longer needed. While the details are still being finalised and efforts are being made to redeploy people within the royal household, unfortunately there will be some redundancies," a source told the Daily Mail.