Updated On: 21 April, 2021 07:34 AM IST | Geneva | Agencies
The world body says that only 1 per cent of 100 mn doses went to lowest-income countries last week

Palestinian ministry of health nurses administer a dose of the Comirnaty Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine in the village of Dura near Hebron in the occupied West Bank on Tuesday. Pic/AFP
The World Health Organization (WHO) said that only 1 per cent of the 100 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine administered last week went in the lowest-income countries.
Close to “99 million doses of vaccines last week went into high- and upper-middle-income and some low- and middle-income countries, but only one per cent of that went to the lowest-income countries”, Bruce Aylward, Senior Advisor to the WHO Director-General on Organizational Change said at a press conference on Monday.