Updated On: 13 February, 2012 04:06 PM IST | | AFP
An Egyptian parliamentary inquiry blamed police negligence for a football riot that killed more than 70 fans earlier this month, official media said on Monday.
An Egyptian parliamentary inquiry blamed police negligence for a football riot that killed more than 70 fans earlier this month, official media said on Monday.
The preliminary report said police at the stadium in the Mediterranean city of Port Said downplayed the potential for riots, even as fans sensing impending violence left the stadium, the official Al-Ahram newspaper reported.