Updated On: 28 December, 2020 09:30 AM IST | Mumbai | Subodh Mayure
Last month, mid-day reported that Powar had requested the MCA Apex Council to change the earlier managing committee's decision and revoke his ban

Ramesh Powar
Former India and Mumbai off-spinner Ramesh Powar has become eligible to take up coaching assignments once again after the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) revoked his ban during its Annual General Meeting at the Wankhede Stadium on Sunday.
"Actually it was not a ban. That resolution says that we should not consider him [Powar] for further assignment. There was no ban on him as such. That was only a rumour. It was a misunderstanding. Now, we passed a resolution that he will be considered for future assignments, if he is interested," MCA secretary Sanjay Naik told mid-day on Sunday.