Updated On: 23 September, 2010 11:35 AM IST | | Agencies
The labourers injured when a footbridge collapsed near the main Commonwealth Games venue have been paid compensation, the state government said on Wednesday -- but a court ordered it to pay more.
The labourers injured when a footbridge collapsed near the main Commonwealth Games venue have been paid compensation, the state government said on Wednesday -- but a court ordered it to pay more.
New Delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit told reporters that 50,000 rupees (1,100 dollars) had been given to those who were slightly hurt and 100,000 rupees had been awarded to those with more serious injuries.