Home / News / India News / Article / Search ops called off in landslide-hit Taliye; 31 missing to be declared dead

Search ops called off in landslide-hit Taliye; 31 missing to be declared dead

So far, 53 people have died in the village and five are injured, while 31 people are still missing and they will be declared dead following the due process, district Collector Nidhi Chaudhari said

Listen to this article :
Locals at the site after several people died in a landslide at Taliye village in Raigad district. Pic/PTI

Locals at the site after several people died in a landslide at Taliye village in Raigad district. Pic/PTI

The Raigad district administration on Monday called off the search operations for 31 missing people in Taliye village which was ravaged by a massive landslide after heavy rains last week.

So far, 53 people have died in the village and five are injured, while 31 people are still missing and they will be declared dead following the due process, district Collector Nidhi Chaudhari said. The village, located in Mahad taluka of Raigad in Maharashtra's Konkan region, witnessed the deadliest landslide last Thursday after heavy rains, flattening several houses in the area.

Trending Stories

Latest Photoscta-pos

Latest VideosView All

Latest Web StoriesView All

Mid-Day FastView All

Advertisement